Schedule a Tour
The Carnegie Center offers free tours for children, school and adult groups. Your group can view our permanent exhibitions: Ordinary People, Extraordinary Courage: Men and Women of the Underground Railroad and Remembered: the Life of Lucy Higgs Nichols, and our special exhibitions. (Please check our exhibits page to see what will be on view when your group visits.) We are happy to work with you to personalize a tour for your group. Please contact Al Gorman at (812) 944-7336 or email@example.com to plan your group’s visit!
General information for school tours:
- Tour size is limited to one class.
- If you must bring 2 classes, you can arrange for one class to visit another area museum (for example, Culbertson Mansion, Padgett Museum of the Floyd County Historical Society, or Division Street School) while the other class is at the Carnegie Center, and afterward the classes switch places.
- Tours must be at least one hour in length.
- Tours must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Tours available Tuesday – Thursday, beginning at 10 am.
The exhibition Ordinary People, Extraordinary Courage: Men and Woman of the Underground Railroad includes an interactive DVD that a Carnegie Center staff member can bring to schools within a 20-mile radius of the Carnegie Center. Also, Carnegie Center staff members can be available to speak to adult groups about our exhibitions and programs. Please contact us at (812) 944-7336 for more information.